Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Having Fun Getting Ready for High Rose Tide



From mid April through 4th of July, I spend every available daylight hour working outside to make the gardens here at Der Rosenmeister as beautiful as possible. Guess I was out in the sun too long when my friend, Alex Solla, of Alex Solla Photography took this pic. His daughter was helping edge the bed of roses along the driveway. When I saw this strip of sod, I couldn't resist! I was reminded of wearing a tallis for my bar mitzvah back in 1967.


This spring I bought a new garden tractor. It has 4 wheel drive, a 60 inch mowing deck, and a 27 horse power engine. Mowing goes so much faster now. And I can haul things all over the three acres that make up our home landscape.





Aurora Solla has been a great help to me over the past few years. She is not only is she a hard worker, but a  great conversationalist and oh so smart. The days go quickly when we are working together here.




I promise to be all cleaned up when you come here Friday for our open house!



No comments:

Post a Comment